Why vaccinate your child?
In years gone by, many children died or had long-term problems caused by diseases like polio, whooping cough and diphtheria. Children’s vaccinations are a way to stimulate your child’s immune system to produce antibodies that fight against diseases.
Childhood immunisation in New Zealand is not compulsory, but they protect your young child at a very vulnerable time of life. It also protects other people in the community who cannot be vaccinated, including even younger babies. You and your child are much more likely to get ill from being unvaccinated than from a vaccine. We support The Wellchild Programme in starting childhood vaccinations at 6 weeks old.
What is the NZ immunisation schedule for your child?
- Immunisations at 6 weeks, 3 months, 5 months, one year, 15 months and 4 years.
- The full schedule covers pneumococcal disease, rotavirus, chickenpox, measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, hepatitis B and haemophilus influenzae type b.
- Childhood vaccinations on this schedule are free in New Zealand for all children.
- Pregnant women can also get influenza and tetanus/pertussis immunisations to protect unborn children.
- Medical certifications for demonstrating vaccinations go into your Well Child Tamariki Ora book, so please bring it with you.
Vaccination tips for your child
- Bring along your baby’s favourite toy or book as a distraction.
- Breastfeeding can be comforting for babies during or after an immunisation, so if you would like privacy to breastfeed, just let us know.
- Talk to you baby and cuddle it through the process. Stay calm yourself – your child looks to you for comfort.
- Speak to our friendly nurses about any concerns – they’ve done this many times.
Frequently asked questions
To join our clinic, you first need to fill out the patient enrolment forms to register with the PHO that we belong to. This is a Ministry of Health requirement. You will need to provide proof of identity and eligibility which may include the following forms of identification:
- NZ Passport or NZ birth certificate
- International passport with resident visa OR work visa of minimum 24-month duration
On the enrolment form you need to indicate which of our doctors (currently taking new patients) that you would like to be registered with.
Yes. As part of completing your enrollment, we request that you have a new patient screening appointment with one of our Nursing or Medical Centre Assistant team members.
This new patient appointment enables our team to work with you to better understand your current health and wellbeing.
Following the new patient appointment as above, you can book your first consultation with your nominated doctor.
The length of your first appointment with your new doctor will be as follows:
0-39 years 40 years - 15 Minutes - 30 minutes
40 years+ - 15 Minutes - 30 minutes
|0-13 yrs||14-17 yrs||18-39 yrs||40+ yrs|
|Free||$10 for screening and appointment||$10 for screening and appointment||$10 for screening and appointment|
|Free||$10 for Doctor appointment||$19.50||$10 for double appointment|
Payment is required at the time of consultation
You will get full access to the patient portal “My Indici” once you have completed your screening appointment.
Payment is required at time of consultation. Please note that unpaid accounts will incur an additional $10 monthly administration cost.
There may be additional costs for treatments/tests/materials
We recommend that you book your future appointments via your patient portal My Indici.
If you need an urgent appointment, then please phone the clinic. We have doctors available to discuss your urgent health needs on the day.
All consultations are by appointment only.
14-17 years $13
18+ years $15
Urgent prescription 14+ years $25
We are open Monday to Friday 8.15am to 5.00pm.
For health services after hours visit East Care Accident & Medical, 260 Botany Road, Golflands, Auckland 2013. Their phone is 09 277 1516.
These are consultation prices only.
Under 14 Years - Free 14 - 17 years - $13.00 18 years & over - $19.50
Note charge is the same for in person or by phone or video as you are still receiving the same high quality health provider assessment, diagnosis and planning.