An ECG heart test records your heart’s electrical signals
Our ECG clinic’s experts can use an ECG heart test to measure your heart’s strength. We will make sure your ECG is quick, painless and effective.
An ECG test doesn’t put any electricity into or through your body – it measures the electricity in your heart. It can be part of a general cardiology and health check-up, or to look at a specific cardiology treatment programme.
What can you expect from an ECG test?
- Sticky electrodes will be placed on your chest, arms and legs to measure your heart’s rhythm.
- An electrocardiogram takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- You lie still on a table while a machine measures your heart’s electrical activity.
- An ECG test is painless.
- Our clinicians will review your test
ECG specialist tests
- An exercise tolerance test (ETT). You have one ECG heart test when you rest. Then you have a second test while exercising. This shows your general cardiology health under stress.
- A cardiac Holter monitoring test measures your heart rate and rhythm for 24 or 48 hours.
- Event monitoring is an ECG test that you activate if you have symptoms like dizziness, chest pain or palpitations.
Health care professionals providing electrocardiogram (ECG)
Frequently asked questions
To join our clinic, you first need to fill out the patient enrolment forms to register with the PHO that we belong to. This is a Ministry of Health requirement. You will need to provide proof of identity and eligibility which may include the following forms of identification:
- NZ Passport or NZ birth certificate
- International passport with resident visa OR work visa of minimum 24-month duration
On the enrolment form you need to indicate which of our doctors (currently taking new patients) that you would like to be registered with.
Yes. As part of completing your enrollment, we request that you have a new patient screening appointment with one of our Nursing or Medical Centre Assistant team members.
This new patient appointment enables our team to work with you to better understand your current health and wellbeing.
Following the new patient appointment as above, you can book your first consultation with your nominated doctor.
The length of your first appointment with your new doctor will be as follows:
|Age||Screening appointment||GP appointment||Total|
|0-13 yrs||-||15 minutes|
|13-17 yrs||-||15 minutes|
|18-39 yrs||15 minutes|
|40+ yrs||15 minutes|
* Note: if you have a chronic condition, please make a booking for 30 minutes.
Payment is required at the time of consultation
You will get full access to the patient portal “My Indici” once you have completed your screening appointment.
Payment is required at time of consultation. Please note that unpaid accounts will incur an additional $10 monthly administration cost.
There may be additional costs for treatments/tests/materials
We recommend that you book your future appointments via your patient portal My Indici.
If you need an urgent appointment, then please phone the clinic. We have doctors available to discuss your urgent health needs on the day.
All consultations are by appointment only.
14-17 years $14
18+ years $16
Urgent prescription $25
We are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm.
For health services after hours visit East Care Accident & Medical, 260 Botany Road, Golflands, Auckland 2013. Their phone is 09 277 1516.
These are consultation prices only.
Under 14 Years - Free 14 - 17 years - $14 18 years & over - $16
Note charge is the same for in person or by phone or video as you are still receiving the same high quality health provider assessment, diagnosis and planning.