Talk to us about your mental wellness
Around one in three New Zealanders has experienced mental distress. Rates are higher among Māori, young adults and members of the rainbow community.
Anxiety, depression, mood disorders, addiction and bipolar disorder are among the most common mental health issues – and we’re here to help. The experts working in our mental health consultation services team will listen to you and come up with a plan for treatment.
What happens during mental health consultations?
- You can speak to your GP, Health Improvement Practitioner or Wellness Support nurse who will listen to you and assess your mental wellness.
- We will ask you questions about your lifestyle and state of mind.
- We may recommend you visit other specialists.
- You may get a diagnosis or you may need further mental health consultations.
- We will work with you to come up with a plan to treat and manage your mental wellbeing – this will be an ongoing process and may include lifestyle changes and/or medication.
- If you’re worried, please feel free to bring someone to support you.
Questions that may be asked during mental health consultations
- What are your emotional and physical symptoms?
- How long has this been going on?
- What are your eating and drinking habits?
- Who do you have to support you?
- What have you already tried to improve your mental wellness?
Frequently asked questions
To join our clinic, you first need to fill out the patient enrolment forms to register with the PHO that we belong to. This is a Ministry of Health requirement. You will need to provide proof of identity and eligibility which may include the following forms of identification:
- NZ Passport or NZ birth certificate
- International passport with resident visa OR work visa of minimum 24-month duration
On the enrolment form you need to indicate which of our doctors (currently taking new patients) that you would like to be registered with.
Yes. As part of completing your enrollment, we request that you have a new patient screening appointment with one of our Nursing or Medical Centre Assistant team members.
This new patient appointment enables our team to work with you to better understand your current health and wellbeing.
Following the new patient appointment as above, you can book your first consultation with your nominated doctor.
The length of your first appointment with your new doctor will be as follows:
* Note: if you have a chronic condition, please make a booking for 30 minutes.
Payment is required at the time of consultation
You will get full access to the patient portal “My Indici” once you have completed your screening appointment.
Payment is required at time of consultation. Please note that unpaid accounts will incur an additional $10 monthly administration cost.
There may be additional costs for treatments/tests/materials
We recommend that you book your future appointments via your patient portal My Indici.
If you need an urgent appointment, then please phone the clinic. We have doctors available to discuss your urgent health needs on the day.
All consultations are by appointment only.
14-17 years $16
18+ years $18.50
Urgent prescription $27.50
We are open Monday – Friday 7:30am – 5pm.
For health services after hours visit East Care Accident & Medical, 260 Botany Road, Golflands, Auckland 2013. Their phone is 09 277 1516.
These are consultation prices only.
Under 14 Years - Free
14 - 17 years - $13
18 years & over - $19.50
Note charge is the same for in person or by phone or video as you are still receiving the same high quality health provider assessment, diagnosis and planning.